Saturday, June 16, 2012

RUNNER UP EMERGING LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR IN AUSTRALIA

I had an exciting phone call the other day from my good friend Mr Tom Putt, letting me know I'd made it onto a list with some very talented company - The Top Emerging Photographers of the Year in Australia. These awards have been running for seven years and are hosted by the hardworking staff of the photographic magazines at Yaffa Publishing. They develop a shortlist of folios from around the nation, consisting of six carefully chosen images that represent your best folio of work in a specific category or genre. I was awarded Runner Up in the Landscape Category which was judged by a very esteemed panel of judges, many of whom I've met in recent years and really look up to, namely Mr Peter Lik, Jackie Ranken, Urs Buhlman and Nick Melidonis. There are eight categories altogether - there's some really exciting work coming out - so have a look at mine and the other winner's folios at...

http://www.australianphotography.com/news/landscape1 

Here's a small thumbnail preview of my folio...




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations...they are gorgeous....love all the shots..but i thonk my favorite is the light through the waves...

    ReplyDelete