Monday, September 10, 2012

ANZAC DAY




I haven't been to a Anzac Day service for many, many years, but this day I somehow felt very moved to do so. It was a beautiful service. Right at the end, I met seven men who had served together in a platoon in Malaysia in the 50's. They made a pledge to meet together for Anzac Day in a different place in Australia every year. Good fast friends even now, this was, quite incredibly, their 51st Anzac Day celebration together. For one of these men, Nebo, this was likely his last. I had a wonderful conversation with him and this gallery is in honour of his life & my grandfather Andre Hoelen who fell in WWII...





 I hope the leaders of this world can learn from the mistakes of the past and always find a path to peace... blessings on all those who gave their lives so that we may live as freely as we do now...Pau


















No comments:

Post a Comment